- You have to trust your ears. Buy what sounds good to you.
- Try all the knobs, be sure that there are changes.
- Don't overload your rig, buy only what you need for your music.
- The effects order changes the sound.
- You may already have most of the effects you need built-in in your amp.
|The most known effects:|
|Filter Effects||Sweep a peak (wah) in the frequency response.
Wah Peda, Talk Wah, Equalizers.
|Compressor||Evens out dynamic range variations. It makes soft signals louder and loud signals quieter, it adds sustain.|
|Overdrive and Distortion||Increases the complexity of the signal, adds sustain and power.|
|Pitch Effects||Changes the pitch: Octaver, Pitch Pedal|
|Delay||Repeats the original sound, sometimes it reverses it.|
|Modulation||Combined filter, delay and pitch effects.
Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Rotator
|Level Controllers||Reduce noise, control the volume and the stereo panning.
Noise Gate, Limiter, Volume Pedal, Panning